Why DIY Publishing Ltd?
Kris and Lis launched DIYPublishing when they both came to the same conclusion — authors who came to us for formatting and design for print and eBooks really needed help with the bigger picture of self-publishing.
We think we standout in the publishing services business because:
- We have a holistic approach to publishing which ensures customers can make informed choices about their project.
- Our core values are transparency and full disclosure with clients.
- We offer clear quotes which are generally fixed, clients can chose which services they want/can afford now, and return to us later for more services.
- We are a NZ-based company with a business street address - you can meet us in person.
- We have clients from France to Australia as well as NZ - we are familiar with time zones!
- We are neither a print shop nor a traditional "publisher". Instead we a business embracing the whole new world of self-publishing from eBooks to local print books to international print-on-demand (the book is printed and shipped to the customer direct by Createspace/Amazon)
- We are professionals with many years experience in:
- cover design
- print layout
- eBook design and formatting
- design and production of marketing materials (e.g. business cards, flyers, bookmarks)
- design and implementation of a website to promote your books, and you.
- Offer a complete solution to writers, using professional sub-contractors as required we can source editors, proof-readers, illustrators and voice talent for audio books.
- Writers retain full control of their book rights and Intellectual Property
- Writers are free to sell books directly and/or via online websites including Amazon (we can advise and setup accounts if required - in the customer's name)
- We have a strategic partnership with a Wellington printer for quick, local, cost-effective printing if required.
Kris is a trained and experienced graphic designer. Over the years she has designed books for print and for electronic delivery. She has worked on textbooks, cookbooks, and various other (mainly non-fiction) titles and genres.
Her work runs the full gamut from cover to page design. She is a typography freak and will make your book look professional and stand out in the crowd. She can also help with marketing materials and branding for your writing business.
Lis did a science degree because she got a 'C' for School Certificate English. She's been a geologist, a computer nerd, a bookworm and a traveller. No one was more surprised than she was to discover she could actually write! Lis has self-published four books. Plus she's developed many websites.
With a low-attention span, Lis is a bit good at a lot of stuff but likes to claim that she can fix most eBook for.mats, do simple print formatting, and wrangle websites. She also does Google magic to rank websites in the search results and on-line marketing.
She is happy to bore you to death about the opportunities for self-published authors in the new brave world of self-publishing, if given half a chance.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter
And download our 44-page Introduction to Self-Publishing