Manuscript to Market – DIY
Without a publisher a writer can:
- keep creative control of everything from their book’s title to their typeface
- connect directly with their audience both on and offline
- keep far more of their royalties (typically 70%. Traditionally, published authors get around 10% of book sales)
- control where their books are published
- set their own price (within limits)
- control for how long their book is in print — indeed there is no longer a reason for books to go out of print
- publish worldwide
- keep all rights to their work.
The writer has stopped being the beggar at the door of publishing houses, trying desperately to get a polite refusal, never mind a contract. Now, the writer is in the middle of the publishing process.
Knowledge is power — said a wise man.
DIY Publishing is developing a series of courses and books to empower authors. These will be modular and designed and developed with the beginner in mind. They will cover the topic of self-publishing.
The first step is to sign up for our newsletter — and download our Self-Publishing Roadmap for free.