Terms and Conditions
The important stuff!
- In the majority of cases we will quote a fixed price for a job. Only in the case that the job’s extent changes will be charge additional amounts. Our standard charge out rate is $120/hour excluding GST.
- A 50% deposit is normally required for us to start work – you will be advised and invoiced for this once you accept our quote.
- All designs and services remain the property of DIY Publishing Ltd. until paid for in full. Once you have paid your invoices the designs are yours.
- If you sign off a manuscript and subsequently find errors in it – you are responsible for additional printing and other costs.
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, the Fair Trading Act 1986 and other statutes may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon DIY Publishing Ltd which cannot by law (or which can only to a limited extent by law) be excluded or modified. In respect of any such implied warranties, conditions or terms imposed on DIY Publishing Ltd’s liability shall, where it is allowed, be excluded or if not able to be excluded only apply to the minimum extent required by the relevant statute.
Except as otherwise provided by above DIY Publishing Ltd shall not be liable for:
- Any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, arising from the supply of Goods and Services by DIY Publishing Ltd to the Customer, including consequential loss whether suffered or incurred by the Customer or another person and whether in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise and irrespective of whether such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from Goods and Services provided by DIY Publishing Ltd to the Customer; and
- The Customer shall indemnify DIY Publishing Ltd against all claims and loss of any kind whatsoever however caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing of this clause whether caused or arising as a result of the negligence of DIY Publishing Ltd or otherwise, brought by any person in connection with any matter, act, omission, or error by DIY Publishing Ltd its agents or employees in connection with the Goods and Services.
- DIY Publishing Ltd’s liability to the Customer shall be limited to the value of the Order supplied.
The copyright of general artwork, commissioned artwork and illustrations, photographs and anything else whatsoever prepared, developed or created by DIY Publishing Ltd shall vest in and belong to the Customer once all outstanding invoices are paid by the customer.
DIY Publishing Ltd may use any artwork, illustrations, photographs, print or other layouts and designs, websites or any other item produced by itself for the purposes of promoting itself.
The Customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authorities and consents to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, copyright text and/or any other reproducible materials prior to instructing DIY Publishing Ltd to use or reproduce the same.
The Customer shall indemnify and hold DIY Publishing Ltd and its agents and representatives harmless against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of any claim (including but not limited to the defence of such claim) that the reproduction of the materials infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or misuses the confidential information of a third party.
All original content on this website including images and design are protected by the copyright laws of New Zealand and other countries. No part of this website may be reproduced, reprinted, or otherwise reused without explicit permission of DIY Publishing Ltd.
Proofs of all work may be submitted for Customer’s approval and DIY Publishing Ltd shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the Customer in proofs so submitted.
Additional charges shall be made for any additional proofs that are required as a result of alterations required by the Customer.
When style, type or layout is left to Creed’s discretion, any subsequent changes to such style, type or layout required by the Customer shall be subject to additional charges on a time and materials basis.
Any documents provided by the Customer for DIY Publishing Ltd to reproduce in any format will need to have been proof read by the Customer prior to sending the documentation to DIY Publishing Ltd. DIY Publishing Ltd will not be responsible for any errors that the Customer has failed to correct or notify Creed of prior to print proof sign-off. Any additional printing required to correct such errors shall be at the Customer’s expense.
DIY Publishing Ltd can provide a proof reading service on request, not however the Customer is still ultimately responsible for sign off the final manuscript.
Prices are in NZ$ unless otherwise stated. Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 15% will be charged for all orders from clients within New Zealand.
The personal information you share with us will never be given, sold or otherwise shared with other companies or organisations. We need some of your personal details in order supply you services order in particular in relation to setting up accounts on third parties in your name We will not sell, or otherwise disclose your personal details to third parties unless:
- We are required to by law
- We are completing transactions on your behalf with your authority
- We need to provide you with a service you’ve requested
We may contact you by email occasionally to update you on matters relating to book publishing. You may choose to remove yourself from the newsletter by following the Unsubscribe option at the bottom of each email.
In the event that any part of these terms and conditions will be determined to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable for any reason, then such terms and conditions will be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.